In order to be eligible to receive a financial grant, one of the following criteria must be met:
- Current Abbott employee with at least two years of continuous Abbott service (or two years from date of Abbott acquisition).
PLEASE NOTE: Any Abbott employee struggling financially as a result of COVID-19 can apply for financial assistance. The Foundation’s employee eligibility requirement of two years of Abbott service is being waived if the situation is a financial emergency.
- Eligible family members include immediate family members of an eligible employee or eligible former employee (see below):
- Dependent children living inside or outside the eligible client’s household
- Age 19 or younger
- Age 24 or younger, if a full-time student
- Regardless of student status, up to any age when the dependent child has a life-threatening or severely disabling illness
- Former Abbott employee who, at the time of separation from Abbott, met one of the following criteria. These employees have lifetime eligibility for Foundation services.
- Between 50-60 years of age, with a minimum of 10 years of continuous Abbott service
- 61 years of age with nine years of continuous Abbott service
- 62 years of age with eight years of continuous Abbott service
- 63 years of age with seven years of continuous Abbott service
- 64 years of age with six years of continuous Abbott service
- 65+ years of age with five years of continuous Abbott service
- Spouse of deceased employee or eligible former employee
- Dependent child of deceased employee through age 24 for full-time students, age 19 otherwise; special-needs children will not lose eligibility based on age
- Employee who is under a disability program (sponsored by Abbott)
Note: Contractors are not eligible for Foundation services