Scholarship Application and Award Dates
Applications will be available in March
Application deadline – April 15
Award notifications sent in August
The Clara Abbott Scholarship Program is administered differently depending on the country. Information about the US and Puerto Rico Program is below:
- The Clara Abbott Foundation offers need-based scholarships to help the dependent children of Abbott employees attend accredited colleges or universities, community colleges, vocational and trade schools.
- The goal of the Scholarship Program is to help ease the burden of college costs on Abbott families, not fully cover the costs of attending a university.
- Scholarship awards are based on a number of factors including family income and the average cost of public, in-state or in-country college/university tuition.
- Awards may be available to students enrolled in full- or part-time studies to obtain their first undergraduate degree. Scholarships can be applied towards expenses such as tuition, fees, books, supplies, transportation, and room and board.
- Scholarships are not renewable (students in your country must apply each year) and award amounts can and do fluctuate. Scholarships are never guaranteed.
- In order to be eligible for future scholarships, recipients must continue to meet all the eligibility requirements and provide proof of a 2.0/4.0 (or equivalent) cumulative GPA.